Scholarships for Pakistani Students
If you’re a Pakistani student in need of funding to study abroad, you’re in luck – there’s a wide range of international scholarships available to study in some of the world’s most popular study destinations, including the UK, the US and Canada.
See below for a range of current options specifically aimed at Pakistani students. If none of these suit you, you can find many more scholarships here, and you could also read our complete guide on how to find scholarships to study abroad, available exclusively for registered users.
- Higher Education Commission (HEC) Pakistan – Government scholarships, mostly at graduate level, to study abroad in a range of countries such as the US, the UK, Australia, Germany, France and more.
- The Asia Foundation Development Fellows program – A learning program for Asian students to enhance their leadership skills and international exposure by studying in Asia and the US.
- The Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) PhD Foreign Scholarships – Scholarships for Pakistani students to study a PhD at any of the top 50 universities in the QS World University Rankings®, covering tuition fees, room and board, airfare and health insurance. You must be no older than 35 and meet the other eligibility requirements.
To study in the UK:
- Anne Marie Schimmel Scholarship – A scholarship for a Pakistani woman to study a master’s in any subject in the UK, with the commitment to return to Pakistan to make a genuine contribution in their chosen field.
- Brunel University London – As well as offering scholarships to all international students, Brunel University London offers country-specific scholarships for Pakistani students at all study levels.
- CELFS Academic Achievement Scholarship at the University of Bristol – A scholarship for Pakistani students studying at the International Foundation Program at the Centre for English Languages and Foundation Studies (CELFS) who progress to an undergraduate program at the University of Bristol.
- Charles Wallace Pakistan Trust Scholarships – A UK charity offering scholarships to study in the UK to Pakistani doctoral students, graduate researchers or visiting fellows.
- Scotland Saltire Scholarships – International scholarships for Pakistani students to study at any university in Scotland at all study levels in various universities. The scholarships are targeted at the priority sectors of creative industries, life sciences, technology, financial services and renewable and clean energy.
- The Bestway Foundation Scholarship at the University of Kent – Postgraduate scholarships for Pakistani students to study a full-time program in science, technology, engineering or math. All applicants with an offer will be automatically considered.
- University of Birmingham Scholarships for Pakistani Students – A variety of part-fee scholarships are available to Pakistani students, at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, such as the Success Factor Pakistan Outstanding Achievement Scholarships for undergraduates commencing their studies in September 2019.
- University of Sheffield – A range of undergraduate and graduate scholarships for Pakistani students to study in the UK at the University of Sheffield.
- University of Sussex Pakistan Scholarships – A scholarship for a Pakistani student to study any full-time taught master’s program at the University of Sussex and to receive a £3,000 (US$3,900) tuition fee reduction. The application deadline is 1 August 2019 23:59 (GMT).
To study in the US and Canada:
- Golden Gate University Bita Daryabari Scholarship – A scholarship for female Middle Eastern students, including students from Pakistan, to study an MBA at Golden Gate University in San Francisco.
- United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan (USEFP) – A range of fellowships for Pakistani students to study in the US at all study levels. You’ll need a strong level of academic achievement, and to be under 25 if applying for the Global Undergraduate Program.
- Queen’s University Mehran Bibi Sheikh Memorial Entrance Scholarship – A scholarship awarded based on academic excellence, with preference given to Pakistani students. The university offers more international scholarships, able to browse on the same page.
To study in Australia:
- Griffith University International Student Excellence Scholarship – Undergraduate and graduate scholarships for high-achieving Nepalese or Pakistani students to study at Griffith University in Queensland, Australia.
- University of Wollongong International Scholarships – Students from Pakistan are among those eligible for the university’s international scholarships, including the 2019 UOW Sydney Business School Bursary Scheme, to study a master’s in business.
To study in Germany:
- DAAD Scholarship Database - A range of scholarships for Pakistani students to study in Germany, offered by the DAAD and other sources.
To study in Asia:
- The Project for Human Resource Development Scholarship by Japanese Grant Aid (JDS) – 18 scholarships are available for Pakistani students to study a master’s degree in English at an eligible Japanese university. (The 2018 process is closed, please check back for the 2019 round).
This article was originally published in October 2017. It was updated in February 2019.
Want more content like this? Register for free site membership to get regular updates and your own personal content feed.
This article was originally published in February 2019 . It was last updated in January 2020