Psychology Scholarships Around the World
Planning to study psychology and need some additional funding? Check out these psychology scholarships on offer around the world, broken down by region…
Psychology scholarships to study in the US and Canada:
- Annette Urso Rickel Foundation Dissertation Award for Public Policy – A US$1,000 psychology scholarship is available in support of research on psychology-related public policy.
- American Psychological Foundation Scott and Paul Pearsall Scholarship – US$10,000 to support work that seeks to increase the public’s understanding of the psychological pain and stigma experienced by adults who live with physical disabilities.
- F. J. McGuigan Dissertation Award – US$2,000 is available to support dissertation research aimed at advancing a cohesive conception of brain and behavior.
- University of Guelph Graduate Scholarship in Industrial Organizational Psychology and other psychology scholarships – A range of postgraduate scholarships offered by Canada’s University of Guelph.
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology – Scholarships available include the Global Impact Scholarship and the International Student Grant, both available to international students who wish to study at The Chicago School, US.
- The Anna Gordon Memorial Endowed Scholarship – Scholarships for psychology majors in their senior year in the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Alabama, US.
- Virginia Commonwealth University – A variety of scholarships for psychology students at Virginia Commonwealth University, US.
- Gallagher Student Health Careers Scholarship Program – Scholarships for psychology undergraduates in the US who wish to pursue a career in healthcare. Open to international students as well as US citizens.
- University of Minnesota Department of Psychology – Scholarships for psychology undergraduate students currently enrolled at the University of Minnesota, US.
- Franklin D. Boyce Scholarship – Funding for applicants who are attending or will shortly be studying an undergraduate degree in a health-related field. Applicants must demonstrate financial need and be a resident of Hopewell or one of the surrounding areas.
Psychology scholarships to study in Europe:
- University of Copenhagen Graduate School of Health and Medical Sciences – A range of scholarship options for psychology PhD candidates at the University of Copenhagen in Denmark. (Page is in Danish).
- Berlin School of Mind and Brain – The Einstein Center for Neuroscience in Berlin (ECN) in Germany offers fellowships for a competitive four-year neuroscience PhD program, to start in October 2019. National as well as international scientists with an exceptional academic background are welcome to apply.
- Bangor University School of Psychology – Psychology scholarships are available for both international and domestic students at Bangor University. The university also awards an annual Women in Science Bursary.
- Bournemouth University Subject Achievement Scholarship in Psychology – A scholarship for UK/EU students to study a bachelor’s degree in psychology at the university.
- King’s College London Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience – Postgraduate scholarships to study at King’s College London, including the Dr Antony Kidman Scholarship in Health Psychology, established with actress Nicole Kidman.
- Lancaster University – Merit-based scholarships to study a taught master’s (MSc) degree in psychology at Lancaster University.
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) Hilde Himmelweit Scholarship – Three scholarships worth £2,000 each are available to study a full time MSc Social and Cultural Psychology.
- Reading University School of Psychology – Three International Excellence Scholarships are available for psychology students from outside the EU who show outstanding academic achievement, with awards at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- University of Edinburgh School of Philosophy, Psychology, Language Science – Two scholarship options to study any subject in psychology within the school at the University of Edinburgh.
- University of Kent School of Psychology Taught Masters Scholarships – Tuition fee discount scholarships worth up to £2,000. You must have achieved (or be on track to achieve) an excellent result in an undergraduate psychology degree.
Psychology scholarships to study in Australia & New Zealand:
- The Health Workforce Scholarship Program (HWSP) – Postgraduate scholarships for allied health professionals to undertake further study in Australia.
- University of Auckland School of Psychology – A range of scholarships for postgraduate students to study psychology at the University of Auckland, New Zealand, including the Winifred Gimblett Prize.
- University of Sydney – A variety of postgraduate scholarships to study at the University of Sydney’s School of Psychology, including the Campbell Perry International Research Scholarship.
Psychology scholarships to study anywhere in the world:
- Psi Chi – An international honor society in psychology, which offers a range of research grants and other funding to both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Singapore Management University – Overseas post-doctoral fellowship (OPF) provides doctoral candidates who are about to complete or have recently completed their studies a chance to partake in advanced training and/or research at an overseas university for one year. As well as financial support, awardees will also receive academic mentorship. Applicants must hold Singaporean citizenship and an excellent academic record, particularly in their chosen field.
This article was originally published in September 2015. It was last updated in December 2018.
Want more content like this? Register for free site membership to get regular updates and your own personal content feed.
本文首发于 2018 December ， 更新于 2021 Default 。